DRILL SERGEANT CANDIDATE PREP PROGRAM (DSCPP)
DSCPP Entry Requirements:
• Demonstrate leadership ability and potential, character, and ability to perform in stressful situations.
• Be physically fit and meet Army weight and body fat standards.
• Be able to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test.
• Have no incidents of abuse.
• Have no speech impediment.
• Be a high school graduate.
• Display good military bearing.
• Have no court-martial convictions.
• Have no record of disciplinary action, to include letters of reprimand, in the last five years.
• Have a GT score of 90 per MILPER MSG 21-260, July 20, 2021, GT score of 85-89 may be waived on a case-by-case basis,
• Qualify on an M16A2 or M4 within the last year.
• Drill Sergeant candidates must hold the rank of E-4 through E-7.
• E-4s must have at least three years time in service to become a Drill Sergeant Candidate and four years time in service to attend the Drill Sergeant Academy.
Qualified applicants will perform the following upon request:
- Submit a DA705 with a passing score (within the last six months)
- Submit a record AWQ (within the last year)
-Submit notification from current unit of Battle Assembly good standing
-RST 1 Battle Assembly for diagnostic APFT, H/W, and Interview with the command team
-Once accepted, transferring soldiers will be given a DA 4651 to be signed by their current commander to begin the transfer process.